May 2nd 2018 The Drone Racing League issues press release.
In the the release which is meant to announce the kickoff the Drone Racing League 2018 DRL Allianz World Champioship Season.
NEW YORK, May 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — The Drone Racing League (DRL), the pro drone racing sport, announced the launch of its 2018 DRL Allianz World Championship Season today, unveiling their new global partners, elite drone pilots, and worldwide race locations. Premiering on September 6, 2018 on ESPN, DRL’s third season will be broadcast in more than 75 countries on the top sports programs in the world including Sky Sports, ProSiebenSat.1 and recently announced media partner, Groupe AB. DRL shared the news from one of its 2018 season race venues and iconic indoor theme park, The Adventuredome at Circus Circus Las Vegas (An MGM Resorts Destination), as high speed, custom-built DRL racing drones spiraled around roller coasters.
2018 DRL Allianz World Championship Season Teaser
World Renowned Parters
All of 2017 sponsoring partners a back for the 2018 campaign and some new sponsors have joined.
Allianz, the global insurance company is once again the title sponsor with companies and sponsors BMW, Swiss watchmaker Swatch, the U.S. Air Force, Toy State, manufacturer of the DRL Nikko™ Air racing drones, and Fatshark returning for 2018.
New Sponsors join in for the 2018 DRL Allianz World Championship
Newly added global partnerships include Cox Communications (Cox), the largest private telecom company in the U.S., the General Sport Authority (GSA) of Saudi Arabia, and Seagate, the Official Storage Supplier of DRL.
2018 Drone Racing League Announces Exciting Race Locations
DRL highlights six of their dramatic race locations.
- Woodward West, the world-class camp for pro skateboarders and BMXers in Tehachapi, California, USA
- University of Arizona’s Biosphere 2, the largest enclosed ecological observatory on the planet, located in Oracle, Arizona, USA
- The Adventuredome at Circus Circus Las Vegas, a five-acre indoor amusement park in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Allianz Riviera, a gigantic football stadium in Nice, France
- BMW Welt, the multisensory brand and product experience center of the BMW Group, located in the heart of Munich, Germany
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
The DRL Allianz World Championship Season to premiere on ESPN September 6, 2018.
My battery packs are getting charged up just thinking about it.